Effective Date: September 22, 2022
If you are a California resident, you may have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Learn more
Information We Collect
Your JPMorgan Chase career: After you leave the company, JPMorgan Chase retains certain information about your career, your length of tenure, your last role, and your office location when you left JPMorgan Chase based on our employee records. For validation purposes, our authentication process will compare the information you provide during registration for the Alumni Website with JPMorgan Chase’s employment records. After registration, your profile within the alumni directory will show the information provided or confirmed by you. We may also combine information collected or created during your JPMorgan Chase career with your profile information in order to include you in the JPMorgan Chase talent network, as further described elsewhere in this policy.
Usage and Other Information: In addition to the personal information described above, we collect certain information about your interaction with the Alumni Website and the services on the Alumni Website. This information includes the IP address of your device, the type of operating system and browser you use, information about the site you came from, the referring page that linked you to the Alumni Website, the pages you visit, and any search terms you have entered on the Alumni Website or a referral site.
Information Obtained from Third Parties: In some instances, we may supplement the information collected from you with information that is received or otherwise obtained from third parties.
Creation of Personal Information
We may also create personal information about you, such as records of your interactions with us, and details in your profile.
Lawful basis for Processing Personal Information
Where it is necessary to establish a legal basis for processing your personal information, we will process your personal information in reliance on one or more of the following legal bases:
- we have obtained your prior express consent to the processing;
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you have with us;
- the processing is required by applicable law;
- the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
Processing your Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect or otherwise process your sensitive personal information (e.g., race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences), except where:
- the processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations);
- the processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or
- we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior explicit consent prior to processing your sensitive personal information.
Use of Information
We, our trusted partners, and other users of the Alumni Website use the information we collect in a variety of ways, for example:
- in order to administer, develop, and improve the Alumni Website and the services we offer;
- to facilitate your participation in certain JPMorgan Chase alumni activities;
- to enable you and other alumni users access to contact information that alumni have voluntarily provided so that you can contact a fellow alumnus/alumna or be contacted by an alumnus/alumna
- to build and maintain a talent network constituted of JPMorgan Chase alumni from which we may actively recruit for JPMorgan Chase roles now or in the future
- to send communications and relevant alumni program materials that include news about JPMorgan Chase and alumni participating in the network, newsletters, event invitations, career information, and messages from the alumni relations team in relation to any of the above purposes;
- to prevent fraud and enhance the security of the Alumni Website;
- to assess the level of interest in the Alumni Website, our e-mails, and our other messaging campaigns; and
- to facilitate compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
When you provide information on the Alumni Website, that information is shared with other users of the website, JPMC internal partners, and third parties for reasons such as the following:
- to allow users of the website to communicate with you using your current contact information;
- with third party processors who provide services to us;
- with relevant parties who we partner with so that they can contact you from time to time about program-related events, career information, or career opportunities which may be of interest to you (including internal JPMorgan Chase recruiting teams);
- as required by law and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or those of third parties, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a court order or other legal process;
- in connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition or sale of assets;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to JPMorgan Chase, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality; or
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation.
If we engage a third party processor to process your personal information, the processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only process the personal information in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
We may share aggregate Alumni Website usage information that does not identify individual users with third parties for various business reasons, including, for example, marketing or analytical purposes.
Any or all of the above disclosures may involve overseas storage, transfer, processing and use of your personal information, including in or to jurisdictions with different laws and data protection requirements than your home country. Some jurisdictions provide more protection than others. Where required, such as under European privacy frameworks designed to adequately protect personal information transferred outside the European Economic Area, we transfer personal information to other countries on the basis of adequacy decisions, our binding corporate rules, suitable standard contractual clauses, or other valid transfer mechanisms. Subject to any specific sharing rules you apply through the Alumni Website, you agree to allow disclosure of your information as described above when you create a profile on the Alumni Website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of the Alumni Website over time to customize your experience. For more information about the cookies we or our third parties use in connection with the Alumni Website, please visit our Cookies Policy. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with the Alumni Website.
- Local shared objects, commonly called “flash cookies,” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation, but usually cannot be managed in your browser in the same way. Local Shared Objects or Flash cookies, by managing your browser’s ‘add-on settings’ or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies are used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
Retention and Security
We will retain the information you submit to us for as long as we reasonably need it to administer the Alumni Website and, if applicable, accomplish any decommissioning tasks if we elect to discontinue the Alumni Website or your access to it, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In particular, we will retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
We employ reasonable security measures to help safeguard the information we collect from you on the Alumni Website, including technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful alteration and destruction, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing.
Data Accuracy and Minimization
Rights Regarding the Processing of Your Personal Information
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have a right to one or more of the following with respect to your personal information we process or control:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal information, together with details about how we process it;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies;
- the right to request erasure or restriction of processing;
- the right to object to processing by us or on our behalf;
- the right to have personal information transferred to another party;
- the right to withdraw consent to processing; and
- the right to lodge complaints with a data protection authority regarding any processing by us or on our behalf.
To exercise one or more of these rights or ask a question about them, please contact us using the information provided below.
You can adjust the types of communications you receive from us in the contact preferences section of your profile on the Alumni Website.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We occasionally provide links to other third-party websites for your convenience and information. These sites should have their own privacy statements in place, which we encourage you to review. We are not responsible for the content or use of any linked third-party websites.
We welcome your questions